Saturday, January 16, 2010

Naked Lunch

Sometimes being single in NYC feels like cruel and unusual punishment. The breed of males we are subjected to seem almost inhuman at times (No offense, if you are a single male reading my blog--I probably love you). On Friday night, I was out on the town, when a friend asked me if I had a tampon that she could use. A gentleman lingering nearby, oversaw this exchange--and said to me, "Uhhh--how's your period going?" EXCUSE ME!? How's my period going? How's your boner going? If this is your freakish way of making conversation, then you need to attend a social skills group with my 3rd graders, stat.

As the night progressed, I met a gentleman suitor who tickled my fancy. All signs were pointing to yes, until our fateful cab ride home. He turned to me and said, "hang on a sec--I just gotta call my roommate. His end of the conversation sounded like this: "Hey mom, it's me. (MOM!?!) Is it okay if I bring a friend over?" Yeah, okay, see you soon--love ya!"

Me: (to the cab driver), that will be two separate stops, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment