Thursday, May 20, 2010

TeeVee

TV, you have not disappointed me this week. Beginning on Sunday night with the Desperate Housewives season finale (holy smokes!), continuing Monday night with Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood, (Yes, I actually love that show), followed by the new 90210 and Glee on Tuesday night (I love you, May Sweeps), and then topping it off with Modern Family on Wednesday night, I've been one happy television watcher. (Do I watch too much tv?)

The scene in Modern Family, when Mitchell runs rampant through his house, screaming in terror, because a dirty street pigeon is flying around his house, had me laughing so hard that I cried. This may seem like humor for dummies--but the sound that came out of Mitchell's throat was highly entertaining.

(This scene reminded me of the summer of 2004. I was living in a glorified trailer park at Camp Schodack (aka..Hillcrest). A squirrel accidentally snuck into the trailer, and ran through each room, terrorizing all who lived there).

Next, I feel the strong urge to write about Glee this week. If you are not a gleek, then I'm sorry if this entry bores you, but, well...Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, MD) and Matt Morrison (Will Schuster)'s rendition of Aerosmith's DREAM ON, had me on the edge of my seat. My eyes were GLUED to the screen. Matt Morrison (Mr. Schue) has a certain boyish charm to him, (that I love) and he looked pretty effing adorable in his white v-neck tee, and black vest. (I'm a sucker for the v-neck). Those muscular toned arms! Holding that mike!

But perhaps, more importantly were both of their voices. In the final chorus of the song, both Doogie and Will were on their knees, leaning against one another, singing that sweet, sweet melody. There is no way for me to describe how good they both sounded unless you saw the episode. But, I will leave you with this. Last night my roommate, (Bonk) came home at ten pm, to find me sitting in a towel, on our couch, rewinding the Dream On duet over, and over, and then, well...over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment