Friday, February 27, 2009

Pajama Day

Greetings from Pajama Day!

What could be better than arriving to work in what you slept in the night before and not be judged for it? Pajama Day is like a much less awkward walk of shame. I slept in my clothes, woke up, and got ready in about four and half minutes this morning. I'm pretty sure it was the same way for most of my students. However, that is where the similarities end. Aside from not getting dressed into new clothes, I'm pretty sure my students omitted their other morning routines. (i.e, brushing their hair, and more importantly brushing their teeth). I can still smell Jimmy's onion bagel breath...
As the children arrived to school in their favorite sleep time gear. I saw everything from bath robes, to slippers to fuzzy footsie pajamas, I have seen it all. And I mean that quite literally. Some of my student's pajamas were a bit too small for them. Do I need to go into more detail on this one? I hope not.
There is something humbling about seeing everyone in their pajamas. I can't quite put my finger on it, but after seeing Sam in his red flannel pajama suit, buttoned to the top button, I just don't think that I will look at him the same way ever again. Likewise, it is hard to take directions from a grown up dressed in polka dots. Maybe it's a good thing that pajama day only happens once a year...after all--morning onion breath that strong can only be survived once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment