Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mid-Winter Vacation Chronicles II

As most of you know, I am a teacher, and am amidst my mid-winter vacation. The day before vacation began, Zack (one of my students) asked me, "What will you do over your nine day weekend?" I did not have the heart to tell him, that at that point--we simply call it a vacation. (Earlier in the year, Zack told me that if he had a gun he would shoot me in the head). We have both moved on from that incident.

Another student, Paul asked me if I would be staying up late, watching movies with my friends and drinking beer. I'm not sure about all of you, but when I was nine years old-- I did not ask my teacher if they drank beer. Interestingly enough, a group of students approached my teaching partner, and asked her if I drank beer. They did not ask her if she drank beer, but specifically wondered about me, and my drinking habits. Should I be concerned? Probably? But what's the use in worrying, right?

The better question is, What will I be doing this break!?! Well, so far I have had a couple of really fun nights out complete with dancing my pants off, and puking later. I have been spending a lot of time naked in my apartment (my roommate was away for a couple of days), hanging out with my friends, consuming vast quantities of ketchup, going to the gym, and watching approximately four hours a day of 90210. Love ya nine day weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you are really making good use of your time. Except for the fact that you do all of that stuff even when you are working.

    ReplyDelete