Thursday, February 19, 2009

School Days.

Oh the Joy of working full time and going to school part time! Five days a week (sans this week) I am a teacher by day, and two nights of the week, I am a student by night. Working and going to school simultaneously is just a barrel o' laughs! There's nothing that I love more than after a long day at school with my fourth grade freaks, then to go and listen to a three hour lecture on literacy, or even better...GEOGRAPHY. Nothing pleases me more than leaving my apartment at seven am, knowing that I won't return until nine pm. Yes, I know that some of you reading this work those kind of hours regularly, but you are called investment bankers, or lawyers. I thought that in my job description it said, "home in time for Oprah."


Tonight's class was no different, and entailed a two hour geography lecture, followed by some time in the computer lab to "research geography." I still don't know what that means. For me, "researching" meant signing on to gchat and complaining to anyone who would listen to me. Yes, I tend to be a little dramatic. (An aside, in my first year of teaching, I would occasionally online shop while my students were in the room doing independent work. I know, that's bad--but...when they would ask me what I was doing on the computer, my response would always be, "Oh, just some research." This answer always seemed to satisfy them). And so yes, I survived another three hour class seemingly unscathed...only one more year and half to go!

*Please note that I REALLY appreciate everyone reading my blog. I also appreciate those of you who read it wherever you go, (i.e. Matt Rockoff--on the toilet). Too Much Information? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment