Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Katiekiwi, Caitling and KSass

Sometimes, you just gotta count your lucky stars that certain people were brought into your life. As Katy Perry once said, "I'll never be the same, if we ever meet again." And, it's true. I'll never be the same. (I'm not quite sure if that's what she meant in her song lyric, but I'll take any excuse to quote Katy Perry). This blog is about three special galz in no particular order. There names are Katie, Kerry and Caitlin. OmG!! So cute, right!!? Katiekiwi, K. Sassypantz, and Caitling are three of my best friends from college. My college friends don't get nearly enough credit in my blog, so here I go sistas!

The instant that Katiekiwi and I met, I knew I had met a best friend for life. A friendship soulmate. Katie was the first girl I met in college who had similar life experiences to me. We even joked that our group of friends from home were the same. (We both had a hot Indian girlfriend in our group). Katie and I would walk to dinner together, and I would always run home afterwards. You know how those dining hall meals go right through you! From freshman year, until, well...forever. Katie remains one of my top five most fun friends. You can ask her to do just about anything, and she'll do it. "Hey Katie, go make out with that boy in the corner?" Okay. "Hey Katie, Accidentally crawl naked into your roommate's bed while she has a boy in it?" Sure, no problem. But, most importantly, not only is Katie always up for anything, she will do anything for you. She is an unbelievable friend. And, don't think that I don't know how lucky I am to have found her.

I met Caitling the very first night of freshman year. I liked her instantly because she was the best dressed out of everyone that I was with. The mere fact that Caitling and I are still friends today after sharing a room together in BURNside during our sophomore year at URI, is a sheer miracle in itself. I decorated our entire room in rainbows, woke up early every single morning to watch 90210 (Pre Soapnet and DVR), and would unpack her bags after she returned from a long trip. Despite all this, we are still besties. In fact--we are better friends than ever. She is my # 1 G-chatter, (one of the first names that I search for on my list). Caitling has repeatedly offered me advice time and time again, (even when I make the same mistakes time and time again). If I don't say it enough, (and I'm sure that I don't), Thank you, Lingers.


I met Kerry my sophomore year of college. I was on the lacrosse team, and she was one of the new freshman that I was expected to "initiate." On one ten hour bus ride to a tournament in Pittsburgh, Kerry and I became friends. After she wiped one of her boogers on me during the bus ride, I knew that I loved her. Kerry and I recently took a class at NYSC together. It was a "cardio-video" dance class. The description of this class was learning a dance to pop music. This seemed perfect, and right up our alley. What the gym, and it's website didn't specify, was that the class was actually made up of a semi-professional dance troop. The class that we came to one Tuesday night was their "final rehearsal." There we were, in the back of the class, arms flailing trying to keep up with the rest of the class. But, it was impossible. After twenty minutes, we made a break for the door. And, we never looked back. Ksass and I have bonded over Tasti-Delight, our love for Kelly Clarkson and awkward New York Sports Club experiences. When I lost my driver's license during my senior year of college, she bought me my infamous pink bike. And, well...if that's not friendship, then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment