Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spoilers

I love reading spoilers. You could even say that I live for spoilers. My friends always ask me why I like to ruin shows for myself. But, I don't see reading the spoilers as "ruining the show." Instead, I feel that I am only enhancing my knowledge of the television shows that I like. Reading spoilers truly adds to my overall enjoyment and excitement of the show. This is part of who I am. I like to know what is coming next. I like the speculation and the predictions. I rely on spoilers to provide me with accurate information (and spoils) for all of my favorite television shows. And, just in case you wondered; My favorite spoiler websites are The Ausiello Report and Reality Steve. But, last night something unheard of in the world of spoilers occurred. The spoilers were wrong! Reality Steve, you've wronged me.

When the Bachelor began back in January, I looked up the spoilers almost immediately. After all, I didn't want to get invested in anyone that was leaving the show too quickly. The spoilers told me who the winner would be. However, for the first time in spoiler history. (Or atleast, my spoiler history), Reality Steve was wrong. His website announced that Brad Womack would choose Chantale as the final recipient of the rose, and the winner of Bachelor Brad's heart. But in fact, this information was incorrect. She came close, (second choice), but in the end, Brad chose blonde Southern belle, Emily. (Who may actually have the whitest teeth that I have ever seen on a human). The incorrect spoilers have changed everything for me. It will make me look at spoilers in a whole new light. Will this incident stop me from reading future spoilers? No, never. But, like a girl who's heart and trust have been broken by a boy, I may never fully believe in spoilers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment