Friday, April 1, 2011

Talent Show

This morning was the third and fourth grade talent show. To say that this was an hour filled with pure comedic genius would be an understatement. (Though I do not think that was the intention of this particular group of eight, nine and ten year olds). We heard and saw it all from singing, dancing, karate instruction, lego demonstrations, comedy acts and magic tricks. This group of kids have talent! (Or do they?)

My personal highlights included one student's rendition of Taio Cruz's, Dynamite. This student was dressed in a full suit, as he sang his heart out, while Dynamite played in the background. His dance moves that accompanied the song were almost as good as his singing. For your information: Trying to keep a straight face during this performance was one of the top five hardest things I've ever done in my life.

Then there was the Don't Stop Believing sing along by Journey, led by three of the girls from my class. And, we can't forget "soccer tricks." One student awkwardly standing in front of the audience bouncing a soccer ball off of his head, repeatedly, for about six minutes. And, every time he bounced the ball off of his head, the audience would cheer. Every. Single. Time.

Two of my students dressed up in mummy costumes and bobbed for apples. I have no idea why they decided to do this in mummy costumes, or why they decided that bobbing for apples is considered a talent. But, to each their own, I always say.

And, perhaps greatest of all, the final act, one of my students did "hip-hop" dancing. He jerked his body across the stage as Rappers Delight played over the speakers. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I did not even try to keep a straight face. It was unbelievable. His body contortions were out of this world, and he ended the dance on his head, his glasses crooked on his face. Oh, how I love working at this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment