Thursday, April 28, 2011

Yet, Another Dating Wonder...

Oh, just a short tale that needs to be told. And, yet another example of something that would only happen to me...

I was perusing a popular dating website when I received an IM from someone that I had been out with on two dates. (In case you didn't know, when you IM someone, your picture is shown, and your profile (with more pictures of you) is readily and easily available for viewing.

Let's call this particular fellow, Sam. Sam imed me with a simple, "hey." To which I replied, "hi." Then Sam asked me how I was doing. I responded that I was doing well, and I asked Sam how he was doing. His next response was, "So, what do you do for fun besides for looking hot in your pics?"

Hmm. That's really interesting.

1. Vomit.

2. In most photos taken of me, my eyes are rarely open, and I have atleast two to three chins per picture. Yes, I am better looking in person.

3. And, perhaps more importantly: I went on two dates with this person. (Sure, I was so drunk on one of them, that I don't actually remember getting home). But, that's neither here nor there. And, while I don't kiss and tell. (Or do I?) We may have gotten to first base. Shame on you, Sam. You should not only recognize me via the website, but also by my user name which is a derivative of my first and last name. (Both of which you know).

4. Shame on me. Did I really go out with someone who would use such a player-esque, lame-ass line on someone?

I responded to Sam by asking..."You know this is Lauren, right?" His immediate response was, "Oh my god." He signed off immediately, and called me. I let that one go straight to voicemail...

No comments:

Post a Comment