Sunday, April 24, 2011

April

April; you've really done nothing for me. From your crappy weather, to your crappy news, I am so over you. As many of you know, it's been a rough couple of weeks for me. While sitting at dinner with my family on Saturday night, I felt myself becoming emotional over my recent run of bad luck. I could feel a lump forming in my throat, and tears were welling up in my eyes. My dad leaned across the table, and put his arm around me. In his most comforting voice he said, "Don't worry Lauren, you'll get a boyfriend one day." Not what I'm crying about. But, thanks Dad.

Last night was actually amazing. My friends and I went to a bar (Angels and Kings). Catering to different interests: male, female, gay and straight. We figured this bar was our best bet. There was a wide open space for dancing, and a DJ who played anything and everything that we asked for. We LITERALLY brought the party with us. BGbabe had a dance-off with strangers. And, we danced in circles around the dance floor, literally. My friends are the best, for realzies. I really don't know a group of friends that has more fun than we do when we're together. We know how to do it!

Perhaps it was today's sunshine, or that for the first time this year, I wore shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops, but today was a lovely day. I could feel my mood elevate instantly. I spent the early part of my day with Lindsay O, the middle part of my day with my Meelzy, and the end of my day at the Shake Shack with Josh. It was quite perfect. Here's hoping for a sunnier, brighter May.

2 comments: