Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fare Well, Summer Vacation

Oh, how I just loved this weekend! The best part about this past weekend was just how much like summer, it really felt. Over the weekend I had a lovely gathering of friends at my new apartment. It's too bad that I only remember sixteen percent of the night. But, from what I do remember--it was glorious (and hilarious). Thank you to my Meelzy for your thoughtful housewarming gift; authentic and straight from 1991...THE CLAPPER. (That's right...clap on. Clap off. The clapper. Are my friends da bomb, or what!?) And, oh yes, also thank you to Meelz for covering my bed with a small army of condoms. You're welcome to the guests who took them home as unexpected party favors.

On Saturday, I spent the whole day in Central Park with Meelz, BG, Parslay, J. Branz, and Nate. It was perfect. Sunday afternoon was spent at Galzbabi's pool on the roof of her apartment building. Also perfect. This weekend was truly summer. The irony of this is that after tonight, my summer will have officially commenced. As of tomorrow at 9 am, I report to duty. I will say this just once: I LOVE YOU SUMMER TIME, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME.

I know. Ninety-seven percent of you don't feel sorry for me. And, yes...I know that I am lucky to have a vacation. But, trust me--there is a reason that teachers have off in the summer. (We might murder our students otherwise). I am not ready to go back to work. But even more, I am not ready for summer to end. I love the heat, flip-flops, icecream trucks, and my inner boob sweat. I love it all. Was I a bum this past month? Yes, of course. Do I feel bad about it? No, absolutely not. I had the time of my life. So, as I sit here on my couch, Sunday night blues hitting me hard, crying softly on the inside, I say goodbye to summer vacation. I miss you, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment