Friday, August 27, 2010

9.02.10

The picture posted above (Faceinahole.com) was created by my main squeeze, BGbabe. That's right. She inserted my face where Brenda Walsh's should be, and I am in my rightful place in this world, wrapped in Luke Perry's arms.

Less than one week from today is September 2, 2010. Big whoop, right? Wrong. To me, and every other 90210 fanatic across the globe, this is the day that we have been waiting for, for the past twenty years. September 2, 2010... otherwise known as, 9.02.10. That's right, it is my luckiest of days when the calender date matches my all time favorite television show/borderline not-okay obsession.

Could Aaron Spelling, the cast and crew of 90210,and God have predicted that when Beverly Hills, 90210 first aired on October 4, 1990, that one day people across the world would rejoice and celebrate this very day? No, probably not.

How will I be celebrating this momentous occasion, might you wonder? Well, it's simple really. I am attending an actual 9.02.10 party at M-15 bar, (come!) next Thursday night complete with DJ's spinning your favorite dance songs from the mid 90's. (Picture: The Peach Pit After Dark). And, oh yes...90's dress is encouraged. Will this be the best night of my life? Most likely, yes.

Perhaps the greatest part of this 90210 party, is that it is being thrown by three BOYS...who came up with this idea back in 1995 (when they were eleven years old--just like me!). This is a party that has been in the making for the last fifteen years; and they are happy to include 90210 lovers alike in New York City. (Quite honestly, I'm disappointed that I didn't think of this idea myself). If ever a night was more destined for me to meet my future husband, this is it. You can find me next Thursday, at the 90210 party, dressed in my finest 90's garb, searching for my very own 2010, Dylan McKay.


No comments:

Post a Comment