Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ma New Digz

Greetings from Apartment 3C, my new digs to be precise. My oh my, it is just glorious here. Just glorious. I have to give myself (and Bonk) credit, where credit is due. I don't know any other roommate duo that would be unpacked, with pictures on the wall, apartment in perfect order, completely spotless, looks like we've lived here for months, in under twenty-fours. Roommate superstars, that's who!

I've never been one to care about having a big room. (Though that is probably because I have never had one before). But, my room is quite large, (by NYC standards), and I just can't help but to fantasize about all of the future naked alone dance parties I will be able to have. (Without banging into any of my furniture) of course. Additionally, my bedroom faces the back of the building which features some lovely patios and courtyards from other apartments. I may have even spotted two hunks enjoying an adult beverage or two, on the patio directly behind my apartment.

3C also features a dining room; a table, and a set of chairs. We have an actual place to sit and eat in a civilized manner. (You know, not hunched over the coffee table, pummeling food into our mouths).

On the down side, I am 79% certain that I may be allergic to my new apartment. Despite all of it's glory and splendor--ever since moving here on Saturday, I have had a scratchy, sore throat, and have not been able to stop sneezing. (Just ask Ja Rule and BG).

And, lastly--I'd like to leave you with a thought from a famous comedian. It has almost nothing to do with what I just wrote about, but I like it just the same. He said, "Why are New Yorkers so competitive about what neighborhoods they live in, within the city? I can see my refrigerator from my bed...We're all in this together."


No comments:

Post a Comment