Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Wedding Weekend

This past weekend was da best weekend eva!!! (Yes, I know that I make that statement quite often, but I pretty much almost mean it this time). If you have ever been to a wedding with twenty of your high school friends, then you know just what I mean. On Saturday night I watched one of my closest friends take that irreversible plunge towards adulthood, and it was a dang good time. It was a bar-mitzvah, it was a prom, it was Josh and Diana's wedding, 2010.

Josh and Diana (the groom and bride) looked so relaxed and happy during the ceremony, it was impossible not to feel anything but genuine happiness for the two of them. And, as for watching my old friend walk down the aisle with his parents...well, that's what water proof mascara is for, right? During college, Josh and I would visit each other at our respective schools quite frequently, and as a result--I know, (and love) all of his college friends. So, yes...I knew the vast majority of the twenty-somethings in the room, and if that doesn't spell fun, then well...I just don't know what does.

There was laughing, drinking, and bat-mitzvah dancing across the dance floor. (You can find Rockoff doing the running man amongst various other 90's dance moves, as there are videos posted to facebook to prove it). And, then there's Sheetal-my tiny faced friend--who couldn't have been happier as she was at the perfect height to motoroboat Lorea's tits during the party. There were hot bitches, (or were there?), and there was my constant hope that I would hear the band's rendition of California Gurls. (An aside: I went into this wedding feeling good. Thanks to Barrie's Girlfriend party (Yes, that is what it was actually called), I had my make up professionally done, (fo free yo!) and thanks to my Loders--my hair looked stupendous. That was at the beginning of the night. By the night's end, (after four hours of sweaty dancing), I looked something similar to a run-over cat.

The wedding was beautiful, lovely, and perfect--and I love the bride and groom very much. But, perhaps even greater than the wedding was the post-wedding aftermath. Josh in his single-minded glory just wanted to see all of his single friends at the wedding get laid. It was his wedding night wish. What happens when sixty or so twenty-somethings drink heavily over the course of seven hours? Really hilarious people hook up with each other...and Josh got his wish come true. (An aside: I would love to elaborate on this portion of the night, as I feel it provided much entertainment and comedy for all; but for all parties involved, I will keep it blog-free).

The morning after brunch in the hotel was simply perfect. It involved french toast, omelettes, and the constant replaying of the previous night's hilarity and high points. The wedding set in Westchester is one hour away from our hometown of Livingston, New Jersey. The weekend would not have been complete if it did not take us (Rockoff, Sheets and Lorea) over three hours to get home. Really guys? Why am I always the driver? I'm not good at it. I got us lost for two hours, had to turn around nine times, and drove us the opposite way into Connecticut. But you know what? We couldn't have been happier about it--right you guys!?! We thought that the car ride would never end, and in a way I hoped that it never would.

So, thank you to Josh and Diana for being my friends, for marrying each other, and for letting me sweat on your dance floor. And so, as an amazing weekend comes to close, I feel a teensy bit sad that something I have been looking forward to for the past year is over. However, this feeling is largely overshadowed in the knowledge of just how lucky I am to have such a great group of friends...who really know how to shake it on the dance floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment