Friday, September 3, 2010

Nine-Oh-Three-One-Oh


Yes, that's right. That's me, posing with my Luke Perry poster in honor of 9-02-10. Thank you to Loosh for your excellent photography skills. I would also like to point out what my t-shirt says, (just in case you can't tell). Across my chest, are the faces of Dylan McKay and Brenda Walsh. Written underneath are the words, "I Slept With Him First." Genius.

If ever a night was more destined to be my personal picture of perfection, if ever a night was to capture all of my favorite things in one, and if ever there was to be a night that captured my ultimate oasis, and dreams came true; last night would have undoubtedly been it.

Naturally, 9-02-10 was a great day for me. It began early in the morning with phone calls, text messages, and e-mails wishing me a happy 90210. To be quite honest, it felt like my birthday. Yes, I know it was not actually my birthday. But, did I feel a post-birthday sadness, usually reserved for January 24th this morning, on September 3rd. Yes. And, as Amelia pointed out to me this morning, this is not normal. Yes. This fact I am aware of, (I'm working on it). But oh, can't I just get one more 9-02-10?

My night began with Loosh (thanks for lending me your best tu-tu) and BGbabe hanging at my apartment pre-bar, taking pictures posing with my Luke Perry poster, and the other various 90210 paraphernalia found around my room. Cool, right? We got ready to go to M-15 bar, where we met other friends, (Brookie2000 and Dena). The instant that I stepped foot into the crowded bar, I knew that my dream had come true. I could die happy. Playing on each of the large television screens in the bar were various episodes from season three of 90210. (Circa de 1992-1993). But, even better than the seventeen year old episodes playing on the big screen, was the music that the DJ played. If I could pick my ultimate play list (sans California Girls of course), this would have been it. The DJ only played hits from the 90's, and each 90's song played was better than the last. To the three boys who threw this party, (especially the one wearing a backpack around the bar), Thank you. I may not know you, but I love you. You gave me my birthday present four months early this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment