Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day, Part Deux

Just a day, just a very snowy day. (In case you weren't sure, I was just singing my own lyrics to the tune of Vanessa Carlton's, Ordinary Day). Do I do things like that a lot? Or do I not do things like that a lot? What a lovely mid-week treat today was! Imagine if every work week, just happened to have Wednesday off. I think that we'd all be pretty okay with that. Just a little mid-week siesta, if you will.

My snow day began with a visit to see my penpal, Raul. Though, Raul and I have met in real life prior to penpaling, we have been conversing as penpals for quite some time now. We decided to really think outside the box, break our penpal pact, and meet again in real life. Even though, Raul would not watch 90210 with me, I think we made for pretty alright un-penpals.

This morning after a restful night's sleep, I ate four bowls of Frosted flakes, and then went to pilotties999. (That is an oxymoron, I know). Afterwards, I spent the rest of my afternoon with three of my favorite people in America (and also the world). BGBabe (at her apartment), Meelz and Brookie2000. (We missed you Ma-wa). We made s'mores (which were delicious, thanks for asking). We watched bad movies, good TV, and I dared everyone in the room to kiss my swollen, broken, pinkie. And oh, Amelia admitted defeat to me by accidentally humming the lyrics to So What by P!nk. A great time was had by all. And, though I may sound a little bit greedy...I would not be overly disappointed if we had another snow day tomorrow. Because, I ask you--who doesn't love spending a snowy day indoors, with her best friends, making s'mores.

(Please note that was an unintentional rhyme--and I apologize for the cheese factor of that line).

No comments:

Post a Comment