Sunday, February 7, 2010

Puke and Rally

Puke and rally. We have all been there. We drink, we puke, we drink again. However, I'm pretty sure that I have never "been there" while on a date.

Recently, a friend of mine (and this time when I say friend, I do of course mean me) was on a fancy-pantz dinner date. There was fine food and drinks all around. Some people can eat and drink in great proportions and feel just fine. I am not one of them. I am simply not meant to consume vast quantities of alcohol, while simultaneously eating a four course meal. And yet, that is just what I did. After a couple of hours of this, I started to feel a bit sick. Not wanting to let this guy know, (who had probably spent the better part of his life savings on this meal) I decided to take a breather, and go to the bathroom--perhaps splash some water on my face. What I didn't yet realize, was that I was about to puke and (later rally). Nausea overcame me, and well--you know what happened next. Luckily for me, I felt instantly better, and just happened to have a toothbrush and travel size toothpaste with me. (Yes, I'm a freak). But, come on--nobody wants to hang out with a pukebreath all night, now do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment