Monday, March 2, 2009

The Bachelor

WHAT. THE. FOCK.

I just spent the past three hours watching Bachelor history being made. Although I read the spoilers weeks ago to this final dramatic conclusion, nothing could have prepared me for how angry, upset, and appalled I feel. (Yes, I am aware that you are not supposed to become this emotionally invested in reality tv). None the less, what Jason did tonight actually made me lose faith in the human race, and makes me hate men...just a little.

Jason Mesnick was the only reason that I watched the Bachelor this season. And why not? He is charming, handsome, a loving father, and most importantly has gotten his heart broken in the past, (on national television). In this final conclusion of what seemed to be a gut wrenching decision, Jason chooses Melissa over Molly. He seemed to have a strong connection to both girls, both girls-- bonafide babes. Personally, I am a big Melissa fan, but I've got bigger fish to fry.

After Jason proposes to Melissa, (after only knowing each other for eight weeks--who smells disaster? The happy couple jumps into the pool in their formal evening wear. (Did anyone else find this scene to be ridiculous?) We are led to believe that Melissa and Jason will have their happy ending. (Did I really think this? No, but on camera this was all tied up very nicely).

Immediately following the show, an "after special" aired, where Jason realizes that he has made the wrong choice. He decides to tell Melissa, his fiance, that he no longer wants to be with her, and that he wants to be with Molly instead. Alright. But give the girl some freaking warning that this is coming. Ya know--like NOT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. (I personally loved when Melissa called him a bastard under her breath.) Minutes after Melissa's exit from the set, it is Molly's turn to come sit in the hot seat. Jason tells Molly that he still loves her, and asks her if they can go out for coffee one night!?!?! Then they proceed to make out on the couch for the next fifteen minutes, while Chris (the show's host) simply sat and watched. It was so sick. Congratulations Jason, you just made every woman in America hate your guts.

No comments:

Post a Comment