Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh, hello.

Have you seen commercials about completing "The Special K Challenge?" If you have not, it is essentially a weight loss challenge using Special K cereal products. This week I am conducting my own challenge. It is this: Since last summer, I have added a little extra junk to my trunk. That being said, I am trying a small scientific experiment. I am removing Hershey bars and Frosted Flakes from my diet for one whole week. (Yes, this is actually a sacrifice for me). My assumption is that seven Hershey bars, and eight to ten bowls of Frosted Flakes per week maaaay be catching up with me. I will report back on the results of my Hershey Bar, Frosted Flakes challenge.

Well, go ahead and congratulate me. I have joined the human race of 2011. I am now the proud owner of a blackberry. And, more importantly I have BBM. (Pin me!!) How I have been living my life without one, I'll never know. But, I'm in love with a small piece of technological machinery. Every time my phone buzzes, I never know if it will be an e-mail, a text message or a BBM. It's thrilling.

And lastly, as I sit on my couch watching the Academy Awards, a small wave of sadness rushes over me. Tonight is my last night of February vacation. Yes, I know. Ninety-seven percent of you reading this feel zero sympathy for me. But, oh! What a lovely week off it was. I enjoyed being a relaxed, content and often hungover human this past week. It was glorious and magical. And, it's over now. Monday morning, I report back to the trenches of the third grade for duty. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment