Monday, February 7, 2011

Supa Bowl

Wow. Big props to Glee for their rendition of Destiny's Child' "Bills, Bills, Bill's" You brought it back to 1999, and had me dancing in my seat.

Here's the Thing. We have to take our clothes off! (Gym Class Heroes). Here's The Thing, We started off friends. (Kelly Clarkson). Sorry, my inner jukebox beckoned. Whenever, I begin a sentence with Here's The Thing, those are the first two thoughts (and song lyrics) that immediately come to mind. Here's the thing, the end of the football season, The SupaBowl, means different things to different people. For some, the Superbowl is a football game. And a pretty big one too. For others, it means pools, boxes, and winning money. (This I know nothing about). For some, the Superbowl means paying attention only at commercials. (This is where I fit in). Perhaps to you, the Superbowl means beer, good food and good company. (I fit in here, once again). But most of all, (for me), the superbowl represents the return of my male friends back into my life.

My birthday fell on a Sunday this year. My best gals were taking me out to dinner that night. The morning of my birthday, I woke up and thought, hey! I'm not a fourteen year old girl. Why don't I invite some boys to this dinner. The phone conversations with my male friends all pretty much went the same way, "Fisher, we love you, but are you kidding me?! Foootball!!"
Translation: Fisher, we love you. But, we love football more.

I will not miss the football season. The end of this season means that I can go back to seeing my male friends on Sundays at brunch, at the movies, and at any of the other things you do and see on a Sunday. I've missed you, my friends. Until September, welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment