Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pen Pals

My third graders have gotten themselves some penpals! We are currently corresponding via real life mail with a sixth grade class from our middle school. (We reside in different buildings). Though, our classes have only met each other a couple of times, these budding penpal relationships are the stuff that dreams are made of! Below is a sampling of letters that my students wrote to the sixth grade. Enjoy! (I know, I did).

Dear Max,
You are so cool and awesome. I can't wait to see you.
From William
What do you like and what are you going to be like?
From William
Do you like sports? What do you like to do at home? And, do you like your brother?
From, William
(That was no typo, William signed his name three different times in this letter. Also, it may be beneficial for William to learn the art of "p.s.").


Dear Dave,
I like to draw and read. I am 8 1/2. I have several kinds of favorite food. I'll tell you all of them in order. Chicken, pizza, pasta, tomato sauce and Parmesan.
From
Sean,

Have a nice weekend!
Hmm...So, basically you like to eat chicken parm?

Dear Laura,
My birthday is January 12th. I like dogs and cats. Do you like dogs and cats? I love horses. Do you love horses? I am nine years old. Are you nine years old? Please write back
Love,
Annie
PS. Do you have journal writing time in the morning?

Dear Dana,
I am 8 years old. I like baseball and soccer. I like lasers. I speak German. I like pizza and pasta. Do you like pizza and pasta?
Your Friend,
Nicole

Dear Sam,
I love playing gaga. Do you love playing gaga? Also, I mean the game in gym. Not the singer. I am nine years old. I will be ten in eight months. I live in Manhattan. I hope to see you soon, penpal!
From,
Max

Dear Jack,
It is very nice to meet you. I am nine years old. I like to play X-box360. My favorite color is blue. My birthday is October 24th. I like to read comics even if I read them under my covers at night. My favorite sport is baseball. Well, bye!
From,
Ben

Additionally, it may be beneficial for my students to learn how to ask questions, that do not relate directly to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment