Monday, June 7, 2010

One Hundred and Two Degrees

This past weekend was epic for many reasons. This weekend gets an honorable mention mostly due to the lack of sleep that I received. Which, as a result, led me to getting sick, run down, and writing to you today with a 102 degree fever. Who the fuck gets a 102 degree fever in JUNE?!

ME. That's who.

This past weekend began as most weekend do, sans my usual Friday afternoon nap. (A very essential component to my weekend, mind you). The camp girlays and I decided to hit up Bowery Electric, (my favorite bar) Ya know--for the usual friend of a friend of a friend's birthday party. Did I need to stay out until 7 am on Friday night/Saturday morning, drinking the equivalent of my body weight? Absolutely not. Did I need to gush over Gina (the DJ at Bowery Electric) and tell her that I am a huge "fan of her work," and then proceed to hover over her while she deejayed for a solid half hour? Absolutely not. Did I need to walk to Bloomingdale's on Saturday, to pick up a friend's gift, only to not actually make it to the register, but instead to throw up inside of a Bloomingdale's bathroom stall? Absolutely not. But, did all of these things happen? Well, yes. Absolutely.

After trudging my sorry self all the way back home, post Bloomingdales, post vomit. I slept the rest of the day. (You might say that I was a waste of life and space this weekend). After sleeping it off until about seven pm, I got up, showered, and got ready to do it all over again.

BGbabe and I went to Dan's to pregame in the West Village. Dan went to Camp Schodack and Livingston High School with me. That's a pretty solid double wammy right there. That being said, naturally, I can't miss a chance to pregame at DBA's. 1). There is always some sort of chocolaty treat in his apartment, and, more importantly 2). There are always at least two Livingston High School sightings there that I simply can't miss out on.

After a plentiful pregame, Becky and I headed to Porch for Lily's birthday party. Once we wore out our welcome at Porch, we met back up with Dan and co at...TENJUNE!?!

Who do I think I am? Certainly not an elite, fancy-pantz club go-er, nor are any of my friends. However, I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I had the time of my life at Tenjune. (Although, if I have learned anything, it really is all about the company that you keep, not the place that you are) And, ahh yes-- another night not home before five am. This would have been fine, had I not had to be in New Jersey on Sunday morning for Joey's med school graduation party. (An aside: I took the train back to New Jersey on Sunday morning with Rockoff, who politely informed me that I was not allowed to breathe, and or speak in his direction for the duration of the train ride. Apparently, I smelled just a little like booze. Note to self: The next time drinking occurs over the course of seven hours, take a shower the next morning).

What have I learned from this past weekend? Well, that's easy. And that is: I can no longer trick my body into thinking that this is 2005. I am no longer able to keep up on a weekend, and survive the work week with a combined seven hours of sleep. Lesson learned, signing out: 102 fever, in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment