Monday, June 14, 2010

If We Ever Meet Again

Greetings from the land of Summer Bacation! (Yes, I realize that I replaced the letter v in vacation, with the letter b). Sometimes I like to make fun of my 10th grade Spanish teacher when the opportunity presents itself. I don't have one concise topic to blog about this evening, instead I thought that I'd share a few things on my mind, in list format of course.

1. Tonight is my first official night of summer vacation. I celebrated over molten chocolate cake with Julia, Emilaaay and Ryan. It was delicious, thanks.

2. My job as day camp counselor extraordinaire begins on Thursday. Yes, I am working at a day camp this summer on the Upper East Side. (Fancy-pantz day camp). Yes, day camp goes against absolutely everything that I believe in as a human being and as a former sleepaway camp go-er of fourteen years. However, camp ends on July 30th. And, I do believe in being a bum for the month of August.

3. I recently had dinner with a fellow who wrote a screenplay, that is being used in an actual Hollywood movie. Dang. I really need to get my act together, and start making moves on my book! If Tori Spelling can write a book (or three), so can I! (Note: Always measure your success to Tori Spelling's).

4. Itunes should REALLY notify you when you are accidentally purchasing the karaoke version of a song.

5. On Sunday, I unexpectedly ran into my prom date, a former make-out, one of my students, and a childhood friend. God, I love this city.

6. Saturday night, I was at a bar where you could enter a room known as the "Vodka Room," (which looked similar to a sound proof room). Once inside the vodka room, you pay twenty dollars to drink as much vodka as you'd like in two minutes. In other words: The bar is allowing you to pay twenty dollars to vomit everywhere.

7. Remember when Bonkers and I accidentally, unknowingly signed a two year lease? Oh ya know, we thought we were all set to move in July of '09, only to find out that we actually had another entire year on our lease! Whoopsies!! Well, it's been a year, and the time for our new apartment search is here. It is very hard to believe that a whole year has passed since the day that we cried in our living room, when we learned of our mistake. Goodbye Murray Hill. Hello, learning how to correctly read a lease.

8. While writing this blog entry, Katy Perry and Timbaland's, If We Ever Meet Again, has been playing on repeat. Do I often listen to songs on repeat? Or do I not often listen to songs on repeat? Do I only have 24 songs on my ipod? Or do I not only have 24 songs on my ipod? True or False. In the days of buying CD's, I would listen to the one song that I liked on the CD, and never once listen to any of the other fourteen songs on the CD.

9. True.

No comments:

Post a Comment