Tuesday, April 20, 2010

90210 TRIVIA CHAMPS!!!

Tonight may have been the single greatest night of my life. I know, I know--I make this statement a lot. But this time, I almost mean it. Go ahead, and congratulate me on my victory as a Beverly Hills 90210 trivia champ. The amount of obscure knowledge that I have accumulated over the years about this 90's television phenomenon borderlines on sickening, ridiculous and insane. But tonight, at long last-- all of that seemingly useless information was finally put to good use. Hallelujah!

I entered a 90210 trivia contest this evening at Metro53. I also made approximately twenty-seven new enemies this evening. (Aka...everyone else at the bar). Is it my fault that after each answer I got correct, I had to clap, scream, cheer and shimmy (mostly at myself)? I was solid as a rock, whipping out answers like the best of them, so don't stop me now! (Cause we're having a good time).

However, I did not work alone--and have to give credit, where credit is due. I had a fantastic team with me. There's Syd, one of my oldest Camp Schodack friends, who came prepared in her DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES jean jacket. Syd brought her friend Lauren too. Then came Dena, (Rweissypantz's college bestie), another die-hard fan, who sent me practice trivia questions that I completed all day at school when I should have been, ya know, teaching. Galzbabi came as well, but mostly just to make fun of me. Her boyfriend came--just in the nick of time, to take a picture of my tear-stained face after we were announced victorious. YES, I actually cried little girl tears when The New Evolution (our team name--season five reference, anyone? ) was announced as the winner of this trivia challenge.

The irony in all of this is, that I am NOT a competitive person in the slightest. In fact, in high school when my lacrosse coach asked my teammates and I what we wanted from our season, most girls answered with personal goals for themselves, as well as wins for our team. But me? Well, I responded with, "I just want our team to be best friends." Needless to say, my coach didn't care too much for me after I made that comment. I am not competitive...Except for when it comes to 90210 trivia. I am reveling in the glory of a fantastic win. 68 out of 70 questions correct! Okay, I admit--we did not get a perfect score--(so, sioux me). But I'll take it. And, oh...there's just one more thing, what's the prize you ask? We won a free happy hour, (food and drink) for all of our friends. Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment