Friday, April 24, 2009

Make My Day

There are some mornings I wake up and I literally curse the world. I live my life serving the insane and irrational needs of ten year olds. And oh yes, let's just add insult to injury shall we? I will be in debt to the United States government until I am forty-seven years old, paying off loans for graduate school to further my teaching career. And yet despite all this--there are some days, when I believe that I may actually be the luckiest person in the world to witness such perfection and hilarity (and be paid to do so). Friday was one of those days where perfection and hilarity held hands and sat in my lap. Below is a list of reasons why.

1.Peter and I rattled off quotes from Billy Madison. While, this may not exactly be deemed as educational, these kids are getting something far more valuable. And that is an education in early 90's pop culture--and what could be more important than that?

2. Sam (arms folded across his chest): "Jason said that my face looks like a butt hole." (Is it wrong that I laughed when he told me this?)

3. I overheard the following conversation between Sam and Will.

Will-"Oh yeah, Mr. snappy come back--I'm gonna make you wish you were never born!!!

Sam-"Make my Day!"

Will-"Make me!."

Sam-No, "Make me!."

Will-"Wait-what are we making again?"

4. A group of students approached me with this pressing question: "How come moms scream and yell when they are having a baby?" What I neglected to tell these young, impressionable minds, is what I witnessed in my 12th grade health class, Miracle of Life video. Boys and Girls listen up carefully: The reason that moms yell and scream when they are giving birth is because they are pushing a watermelon through a keyhole. Any more questions? Didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment