Sunday, October 30, 2011

November...and Boys

My heart broke a little this weekend as I watched restaurant employees stack tables and chairs away, until sunnier, warmer days are here again. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of November; (Summer, tanlines, and flip-flops, I really miss you). It's just a long descent into winter from here on in...

Now, for something new: a blog post about boys! Because I never write about them, right? Okay. Why do guys text/call about wanting to meet you/see you/spend time with you/hang out with you/bone you, and then do not follow through. Here is an example (of many I've experienced) to illustrate this very frustrating point.

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine from highschool asked if she could give my number to her older brother's best friend. After looking at him on Facebook, I said, Yes, please! This guy was a thirty-one year old hunk! I heard from said hunk later that night, when he texted me saying, "Heard we'd really hit it off, when do I get to meet you?" I gave him two different nights that I was free that week. Of course he was busy both of those nights. (In truth, I was actually free every night of that week, but felt it would be best if I kept that information to myself). Hunk said he would get back to me the following day with some free nights he had the following week. A new prospect on the horizon? I was excited! Guess what? He never followed through, and I haven't heard from him since. Wow, I love boys.

This is a completely frustrating situation because he never met me, so it's not like he decided he wasn't into me. (By the way, if it was a case of, he's just not that into me; I could deal with that). But, seeing as we never met, that can't be it! And, I assume he also checked me out on Facebook prior to agreeing to be set up. But perhaps most frustrating of all is...he texted me! He initiated the first contact with me, and then without a trace disappeared to the island of lost boys. If I ever visit that island, I'm pretty sure that I'd have a word or seventy to say to quite a few guys there. Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment