Monday, October 31, 2011

First Date

What happens when a person you're going on a date with (who you don't know very well yet) suggests an idea that you're really not feeling? You want to be agreeable, and easy-going. (Especially, if those characteristics actually describe you), but, you don't want to spend your night doing something that's your own version of a nightmare.

As far as first dates go, I feel that dinner can be kind of a bold move, and a little intense. I'm a first date, drinks girl all the way. Perhaps long ago, dinner was an appropriate first date, but in 2011, I have to disagree.

Now, hear me out: I am a girl that can eat. And, I don't have food issues where I can't eat in front of the opposite sex, however eating on a first date can be a little scary for me. And, here's why: I have some less than stellar eating habits, and almost all of them involve ketchup. (An aside: Once on a dinner date, I poured milk all over my Caesar salad thinking that it was the dressing on the side. Yeah, that wasn't embarrassing at all).

I went out with someone last week who suggested going to a pizza bar for our first date. Yes, a pizza bar. A bar where we could literally eat pizza and drink beer. It was low key and casual, and I liked it. So what if I get pizza on my face, and cheese dangles from my mouth? In the end, my date spilled his beer on me early on in the night, so any qualms I may have had about eating in front of him were quickly diminished.

After date # 1 ended, I was asked to go on date # 2. He very enthusiastically suggested that we head to Dave and Busters. Oh no, he didn't!!!! I can't think of anywhere else that I'd rather not be. (Except for maybe Home Depot, but luckily he didn't suggest that). Dave and Buster's is one of those places that is kind of my worst nightmare. Mostly because it is a glorified arcade in the middle of Times Square.

When that idea crashed and burned. (I will give him credit for picking up on my subtle hints), He suggested we go out for dinner. I know I said I don't like dinner dates for date # 1, but I also don't really like them for date # 2 either. Dates # 1 and # 2 can be dedicated to booze. That is fine with me. (Also, I realize that here is a guy who is trying to go out of his way to plan something fun and nice for us to do). But, I guess my point is, in the first couple of dates, simplicity is what wins. And, I will have fun just about anywhere. (Except for Dave and Busters and Home Depot). The truth is: I'm easy. (Insert slutty joke). All you have to do is take me to a bar, supply me with atleast three Bacardi and diet cokes, and I will be just fine. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment