Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Shout-Out!

This past weekend has provided me the opportunity to acknowledge a few special people via a blog shout out.

1. DBA. I've said before that my friend DBA is a double-wammy bestie. Not only did he attend Livingston High school with me, but he also went to Camp Schodack back in the day. And, I think we all know that from a Lauren Fisher standpoint--it doesn't get much better than that. Thank you for a lovely, delicious, and fun belated-birthday dinner on Friday night. See you at the gazebo in 2019.

2. Diana. You taught me a vital life skill this weekend. (How to use a curling iron). It sounds so simple. But, it's been life changing and my getting ready routine will never be the same again.

3. The people in my apartment building having aggressively loud sex at five-thirty pm. This sex was so loud that it woke me from my weekly Saturday late afternoon nap. At first, I thought someone was being murdered. Then I listened a bit more closely. The sex/murder sounds sounded like they were coming from the vents. I put my head near the vent and listened to the loudest moaning, yelling, screaming and head banging that I have ever heard in my life. To the people having Saturday afternoon sex, good for you. I'm jealous.

4. Matt Rockoff. We had a good run on Saturday night. We were at our friend, Alissa's birthday party, the music was on fire with mid 90's hits. Gangsta's paradise came on. The amateurs in the room were singing the chorus, "Been spending most my life, living in a Gangsta's Paradise." But, not me and Matt. We rapped out every last lyric that Coolio had to offer. By the end of the song, we had a small crowd watching us. My voice was hoarse from rapping (screaming) on the top of my lungs, and I was sweating. But, dang! Did we have fun, or what?

5. Becky and Amelia. You make every day a fun day. But, most specifically you made my today, Sunday, a fun day. Whose that girl? La. la. la. la. la. la. la.

No comments:

Post a Comment