Sunday, January 23, 2011

Birthday Blog

This weekend I celebrated my Twenty-Seventh birthday. In the words of Mary J. Blige, I'm a real woman now. (Even though Little Mimi Girl says that I don't look a day older than twenty-three). I set four very important goals for my birthday party on Saturday night. They were the following:
1. Do not throw up
2. Do not break any bones
3. Remember events from the night.
4. The last one I will not share here--but if you know me well enough, you can probably guess goal number four.

Well, I achieved three out of my four of birthday goals. Not too shabby for this twenty-seven year old.

My birthday party on Saturday night was great. All of my different worlds came together as one, and you know that nothing pleases me more. To everyone who came and celebrated with me on Saturday night--you made my night, my day, and quite possibly my year. Best of all, I came out of the party with all of my appendages in tact, and thus deemed the night a smashing success! I spent Sunday afternoon with my family, while checking my facebook wall religiously. (An aside: Is there anything better than a facebook birthday wall post?) Nope. I didn't think so.

Perhaps the greatest highlight of my twenty-seventh birthday was my ladies dinner. I'm sure that everyone thinks that their friends are the greatest, but I just might mean it the most. We laughed, we ate, and then we laughed some more. It was the perfect way to end my birthday. While the rest of New York watched the football game, the seven of us were huddled inside a cozy Italian restaurant. I am one lucky girl to have besties like all of you. To everyone who texted, called, facebook wall posted and celebrated with me, you made my day that much more special. Thanks, and I really, really mean it. Twenty-seven, you and I are off to a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment