Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weeeekend.

I am officially done with graduate school. HALLELUJAH!!! It was a long, and painful road at times, but I have finally, finally reached the finish line. Attending graduate school can be difficult for anyone. However, attending school part-time, while working full time is quite a daunting task! Just ask anyone who has ever done this. (Ya know. Like me). But, the light finally shines at the end of this tunnel. I have my masters degree, and can resume my life, as I once knew it. No more days, just fourteen hour days for this girl. Free at last, free at last!

This weekend, I spent time with two different groups of friends who I do not get to see nearly as often as I would like. The first, are a group of girls, who I have known since childhood. Due to geography, and other such things, finding a time that we are all free can be quite tricky!

My childhood girlays and I went to a four hour long brunch Sunday afternoon. It was delicious and fun. (We missed you, Sheets!) Our waitress came over to the table, and asked if the four of us at the table were sisters. This was quite a compliment, (my ladies lunch friends are babes)! But, mostly--it was sweet. We've all known each other for such a long time, that it feels natural to feel like family. Sitting together at brunch, sort of amazed me. Each one of us took our turn, catching each other up on the last few months of our lives. It made me stop and think. At the core, I think we are all still the same people we always were. However, listening to the stories, the trials and the tribulations of each other's lives made me realize something. And, it is this: We have all come a long way from the eleven year old girls who used to hang out at the town pool together. Lylat, girlfriends.

On Saturday night, I was graced by the presence of a a different crew of friends. My exciting, lively and fun college boyyyyy friends. Jimmytown, Corey, Brent, Andy Vi and Sid has Sids came to New York City for a little visit. As per usual, I only remember about eight percent of the night, (drinking seven Bacardi and diet cokes while on antibiotics might do that to you). But, I do know this: I loved life, was surprisingly much more of a human than the last time we were all together, and I had a blast dancing to mid 90's dance tunes. (I love you, Whiskey Town DJ. Marry me?) As another weekend comes to an end, I am pleasantly reminded of just how lucky I am to have some fine bitties and homies to spend my days and nights with.

No comments:

Post a Comment