Sunday, December 26, 2010

Top Ten of Two-Thousand Ten

As one year comes to a close, and another is about to begin, it is nearly impossible not to reflect on the events of this past year. 2010 brought me joy and sadness. It brought comedy, personal growth and important character building moments. I can't relive this past year in a blog post, as there are many memorable moments that I wish I could share here. Instead, I have chosen my top ten personal highlights from 2010. In no particular order here they are, and as always I hope you enjoy.

10. Clegg David (Fire Island Weekend). Though, it was just a forty-eight hour stay on Fire Island with my best girls, I don't think that any of us were prepared for the amount of fun, hilarity and vomit that would ensue in our favorite weekend getaway. Thanks to BG's Clegg David facebook album, our Fire Island weekend (and Fire Island boyfriends) will live in on infamy.

9. Katy Perry. Katy Perry may have single-handily made my 2010 with her album, entitled, Teenage Dream. (After all, I try to live out my own teenage dream each weekend). Katy Perry, you had me at California Girls. And you kept me going the rest of the year with Teenage Dream and Firework. (I owe a much more enjoyable gym workout to you).

8. Ja Branz's Pooping Trick. What my good friend Jeff did not know when he taught me his pooping trick, was the effect that it would have on my life. (And, well. That I'd blog about it here afterwards--although, he probably should have anticipated that). Jeff's pooping trick helped revolutionize where and when I could use the bathroom. The details of the trick I will not share here, but to you-- Ja Branz, you have changed my 2010, and my world forever.

7. Josh and Diana's Wedding Weekend. What could be better than watching one of my best friends tie the knot, while bat-mitzvah dancing with my high school besties this past August? Well, almost nothing. Except, for the post-wedding aftermath which included simultaneously hooking up (side by side) in the same hotel room, at the same time as one of my best friends.

6. Sid has Sids Weekend. Guz, Peanutbutter Jimmy and a baseball bat, and the start of BGbabe taking photos of me urinating in various bathroom stalls across the Northeast. This May weekend was one that will go down in history. (Well, the history for the eight of us who were there anyway).

5. Meeting my class this year. In my fifth year of teaching, I have had enough teaching years under my belt to rank my classes accordingly from favorite to least favorite. This year's class is currently tied in first place with the 2007-2008 school year. From the minute I met this year's third grade crew; it really was love at first sight. To a group of kids who will hopefully never, ever see this blog--I really adore you guys. You have helped make my 2010 entertaining, joyous, lively and sweet. I think I love you. (Well, most of you).

4. Commuting for Cock Weekend. (c. Bonk). Galin and I scanned the city, traveling far and wide,one weekend, in an effort to meet boys. In the end, we coined our weekend, commuting for cock. (Literally: Commuting around Manhattan in the pursuit of men). Although, the weekend was not a success in the traditional sense of the phrase. (We found none). We had a damn good time trying.

3. Graduation. My life is my own once more, I finished graduate school, and earned my master's degree in 2010. And, most importantly: If I ever get business cards made, I can put small letters at the end of my last name.

2. Modern Family, Glee, and Desperate Housewives. When times were tough, you kept me going. Your wit, humor and entertainment value were enough to keep me coming back for more each and every week. You gave me something to talk about, and more importantly something to look forward to. Thank you for making my Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights a happier, funnier place.

1. Winning the Beverly Hills, 90210 Trivia Contest. Naturally, this was my actual number one highlight of 2010. I always knew that all of the Beverly Hills 90210 trivia that I had accumulated in my head over the last two decades would one day serve its purpose. Indeed, one Tuesday last April; it did just that. And, when the winner was announced, (Me) and the tears streamed down my face. I knew it just doesn't get much better than this. Thank you, 2010. I can't wait to see what 2011 brings.

1 comment: