Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2011 Hopes and Wishes

Each morning when my students come into the classroom, they are greeted by me. And, by their daily morning journal. They are asked a question in the format of a friendly letter, and they respond back in the same format. This morning's question was, "What are your hopes and wishes for 2011?" I ask this question each year, (mostly for the purpose of my own amusement). Last year's favorite was written by one of my former students, Alexis. "I hope to eat lots of ravioli in 2010." Below you will find this year's class hopes and wishes for 2011.

I hope for a swing set.
Don't think that's too likely, considering you live on West 17th street, and don't have a backyard.

I want to stay up until ten o'clock.
Dream big!

I hope I don' t step on any rocks.
Okay.

I hope for a new ferret.
What happened to your old one?!

I wish for warmer weather.
Amen Sister!

I hope my sister loses her tooth.
A little weird...but sweet. I'll take it.

I hope for a trampoline, I'm a really good jumper.
Is jumping something that you can be really good at?

I want an x-box.
This one was seen rampantly throughout all of the boys' journals.

And, my personal favorite: I hope to climb Mount Everest in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment