Monday, October 11, 2010

Go Figure!

Sometimes you have plans with someone. And sometimes you just don't feel like going. You are tired, or busy, or something seemingly better comes along, and so you cancel. Sure, we've all been there. But, I recently got an excuse so good (or so awesomely bad), that I had to share it here.

I had set plans with a boy. Let's call him Robby. Robby and I have been trying to meet up for a couple of weeks now, but one of us keeps cancelling on the other. (Hmm...this seems to be an unfortunate pattern for me). All excuses thus far have seemed valid and legitimate. But, it was almost becoming funny how bad we were at getting together.

Just as I was getting out of the shower, getting ready to meet him, I received a text from Robby. He told me he wouldn't be able to make it after all...He had just been hit by a car. (I am not a terrible person for sharing this story here, he is okay, just a broken wrist).But, now, okay. A little bit hilarious? Yes. Of course, he was hit by a car; the night we were supposed to meet one another after weeks of cancellations.

Now, that's dedication to cancellation! Throwing your body into oncoming traffic to avoid hanging out. Just kidding, of course. Robby was very apologetic (though, he did not need to be--the kid just got hit by a car)! And, who knows! Maybe we will actually hang out..unless of course, one of us gets hit by a bus. (Knock on wood).

No comments:

Post a Comment