Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hello May!

It sure has a been a while since I've written...but what can I say? I've been super busy with the thirteen collective assignments that I had to hand in for grad school over the past week. I sure worked hard, but that doesn't really make for an interesting blog entry, now does it? And now that I'm free, I'm ready for my weekend to begin!

Have you ever gone disco bowling at nine am? Didn't think so. But, guess who has?
Yesterday, the third and fourth grades loaded up the buses, and were on our way to Memory Lanes to bowl our hearts away. (Just in case you were wondering, I bowled a 130). I'm pretty sure that my dad will be proud. Nothing brings out light heartedness, smiles and chuckles quite like a morning bowl. The kids were having the freaking time of their lives! The disco lights were on, and High School Musical blared in the background. I only knew one song, and felt disappointed that I could not join in, belting out lyrics, like the rest of 'em. But what can I say? These kids are down with High School Musical.

The kids were singing, dancing, and literally hurling bowling balls down the lane. I saw quite a few questionable bowling techniques...I also began to question something else. Is it okay that I occasionally wonder how my students feel about each other? In, ya know--like, a like-like sort of way? When I see a boy and a girl who spend a lot of time together, I think to myself--do they like each other? My instinct is to think,"nahhh," they are so young. But, then I remember that I had more boyfriends in elementary school than I've had in my adult life. (I know--not something to brag about). I watched one "couple"(Jeffand Lindsay) literally maul each other. They looked like mini adults--it was frightening. Or Hank and Jane who I caught holding hands on the bus ride home, gazing into each other's eyes.

These kids have it easy! Being 25, in NYC is not quite as easy as being romantically mauled in a bowling alley. To try and make this difficult process a little simpler, I have done something that I am about to admit to all of you, my loyal and faithful blog readers. I have joined Jdate. This decision was tri-fold. 1). I have appeased my mom on so many levels
2). My mom offered to pay the monthly fee
3). I've actually heard success stories, and thought that perhaps it is time that I let my cynical guard down.

While, Jdate has not exactly been my cup of tea--I decided to stick it out, at least for a month--and keep my options open. Two nights ago, I was on Jdate, (the website) when a super attractive 32 year old man imed me. Believe me friends, this is a rare occurrence. Usually, the ims that I receive are from 300 pound men, bald men or men under 5'2. Now, there is nothing wrong with any of these physical attributes, except for the fact that I am not bald, I am 5'6 and weigh just 180 pounds shy of 300. Needless to say these qualities are not my ideal physical matches. So, you can understand that when this total babe imed me--I was souped! It was too good to be true, and as I would soon find out...it was.

After Gentleman asked me how I was doing, Gentleman took it upon himself to tell me how he was doing. Short and to the point...he said, "I'm horny." To which I replied, "Oh."

I am all for sexually expressing yourself, but listen sexy, thirty-two year old, with amazing dimples, creep--I don't know you. We've never met. Maybe we should try learning a little more about each other, before you attempt to get laid. (Just an aside--as this was happening, I was wondering which of my friends could be pranking me).

Once I made it clear to sexy, thirty two year old, with amazing dimples creep, that we would be changing the subject, or I would be outta there... He complied, and asked another question..."What are you wearing?" "I'm horny, you?" and "What are you wearing?" were his next EIGHT ims. Finally, it was my cue to exit.

Leaving the Jdate website feeling mentally exhausted, and like I will never find a normal person on there, I realized this: This situation had a very familiar feel to it. Then I remembered one of my favorite former past times, AOL chat rooms, circa de 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment