Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wedding Weekend

It has arrived. And, it has passed. The moment that I had been waiting for since graduation day from Livingston Highschool occurred this past Saturday night. I attended my first "highschool wedding." A wedding in which both the bride and groom not only graduated from Livingston High School (Class of 2002), but have been dating since that time.


As expected, the wedding was pretty much the best time ever. And, who doesn't love dancing and drinking with their childhood friends? This particular wedding had such a special vibe. Every vow, speech and story that was told, ached with history and deep connections.

However, this wedding taught me one very important lesson: Well, actually it taught me two. The first is this: Wearing a dress that JUST fits you is only a good thing at the beginning of the night. By the night's end, I was carrying a food and alcohol baby in my stomach. I'm sure this looked quite attractive.

But, more importantly, I learned this: If you are single at a wedding, you have one major disadvantage. You will be sat at the singles table, otherwise known as table: miscellaneous. The Livingston Couples table was the table to my right. The majority of my highschool friends were sat here. (This is the table of my LHS friends who are either dating each other, or brought someone with them to the wedding). My table consisted of two of my highschool guy friends, and random friends and cousins of the bride and groom. Aka...table miscellaneous. Sure, we barely sat. And yes, we even took a couple of table shots. And, we even kind of became table besties by the end of the night. But, I have learned this: If you don't have a date at a wedding, you will be sat with the miscellaneous randoms. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment