Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Noviembre

Happy November! It's pretty hard to believe that in a few short weeks it will be Thanksgiving. (My favorite holiday of the year), and soon after the official holiday season will be upon us. Eeek! Oh, where has the time gone?

Also, I would like to note that it is currently around four am. I was sleeping. My dream woke me up. (Sex dream), and now I am all riled up; and so, I thought that I'd check in here.

Yesterday, I purchased Shannen Doherty's new book. Some could say that for me, this is all it would take to make for a perfect day; as yet, another former Beverly Hills 90210 star (Brenda Walsh--the bitch of Beverly Hills), released a book. Fact: If you were once on Beverly Hills 90210, and write a book, I will buy it. However, I am disappointed with the redundancy, and snooze factor of this text. I was hoping for some kind of explicit tell-all that detailed Shannen's former "bad girl" ways. Instead it is a "how to" guide on being a bad ass. Oh, really? Did I actually just spend sixteen dollars on a book teaching me how I can be more of a bad ass? Say it isn't so.

I'd also like to point out that while Shannen Doherty was notorious for being a bitch, and extremely difficult to work with, I'm not quite sure how "bad" she was. She was in her twenties, going out to bars, drinking moderate amounts of booze, and having sex with guys. To be honest, this does not sound all that different from the behavior of my single girlfriends living in New York City. None of who are deemed "bad girls." (Just horny, drunk girls).

Tonight (or last I suppose) we celebrated Galzbabi's birthday with a festive, celebratory meal. There were lots of people in attendance, and so, we had to spread out into different tables. Sitting with me, at our all-star table was Ms. Rweissypantz, Mikey A, and Shankman. I will say no more about the time spent at our kids table, because that is just what you three would expect me to do, right? I will say this though: I kind of loved our romantic dinner together. And there is something wonderful about sharing a meal with people who have known you since the mid-90's. After all, who else can you accuse of at one point calling you ugly (me), and fat? (Un-named other female at our table), way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment