Thursday, July 1, 2010

Uhh--Whoops!

The camp that I'm working at this summer requires the counselors to wear staff shirts three days a week. We were given just one staff shirt to wear. (Mind you, I do laundry about once a month, so this has been slightly problematic for me). Our staff shirts are a thick cotton. The kind of cotton that is not only unflattering on any body type, but is made out of a skin-suffocating material. (Just perfect for the ninety-eight degree weather that we have been having!) The shirt feels unbearable to wear for the required twenty-four hours per week. In lieu of this, I have developed a little routine with myself upon arrival back at my apartment each afternoon.

The minute that I step foot into my apartment, (before watching dvred episodes of 90210, perusing facebook, peeing, or consuming my daily Hershey bar), I must immediately strip down to nothing but my underwear. (Well, you know...when I actually wear underwear). This is also similar to my fall, winter and spring routine. However, in the summer time--this routine is much more crucial to survival. Today was an especially exhausting day at camp, and I could not wait to get home. After ripping off all of my clothing, I climbed up onto my bed, got under my covers, turned my phone on silent, and fell into a deep coma. Normally, I am an extremely light sleeper, and am awoken by the slightest sound. However, I was in a sleep so deep that I didn't hear the super of my building ring my doorbell, or knock on my door numerous times.

Suddenly, I woke up to one familiar male voice, and two not so familiar male voices. I was disoriented. (Waking up at 5:30 pm, with drool on your pillow will do that to you). Once, I realized what was going on--it was too late. Before, I could try and stop my landlord from showing my room to two male prospective apartment renters, George (my super) had opened the door to my bedroom. And well, there I was...completely naked, Sure, I was under my covers, but there was no way that these two twenty-something boys (and forty-seven year old Super) didn't know that I was naked.

Speaking from under my comforter, I told George and the boys that I was very sorry--but, that I didn't feel well, and this wasn't a very good time for me to have visitors, but they could feel free to look at my roommate's room. They all nodded at each other, and closed my door behind them.

What have I learned from this blog-worthy, and moderately embarrassing moment? Have I learned that in event of the unexpected I should take afternoon naps fully clothed? Well, this is a given, but I think we all know that I won't be changing my ways any time soon. However, there is one change that will be taking place, and that is this: My bedroom door will be locked... each afternoon that I want to take an uninterrupted naked nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment