Monday, July 5, 2010

July Fo!

I love the summer time. (No doy!) And, have always been a firm believer that the hotter the weather, the better! But, my goodness...this heat is really something! My train back into the city today, (which usually takes between 35 and 45 minutes), took nearly three hours, and guess what else!? There was no air conditioning!! Awww!! Cute right?! Each train car was more stifling than the next! (Yes, Dave, BG, Meelz and Brooke--Grand Central trumps Penn Station, yet again).

All train passengers aboard the train (including me) felt, looked and smelled their absolute best! The train ride was also especially fun, because the giant sunburn across my back kept sticking to the back of the train seat, further agitating my sunburn. (An aside: I cannot comfortably reach the part of my back to apply aloe--any takers!?!) Also, this is the time of year that I truly envy boys. My sunburn is the kind that having any sort of material on my back is actually pretty miserable. As you can imagine, I am not thrilled that I have tits right about now. (Ya know, because tits=I have to wear a bra, with two straps that dig into my sunburned back).

All this aside, pretty great weekend, Love ya 4th of July! But, perhaps the message that I want to relay tonight, may only appeal to a percentage of my blog readers, those coming from L-town, USA. It is this: No matter where I go, Livingston, New Jersey (and remnants of), are never very far behind.

Friday morning, at 7:30 am, I ran into my first LHS victim on a quiet Manhattan street. Most people that I know loathe unexpected run-ins, or unwanted stop and chats. (Especially when they occur that early in the morning!) Not me though. I love when these occur. Two more LHS run-ins followed later that day.

On Saturday, I was at da beach with my camp girlays. Sitting right in front of us on the beach were three girls that I went to highschool with. The following day, (actually in Livingston), I was driving towards home, when I noticed a car was following me. I could not tell who the driver was, as he was wearing sunglasses and a baseball hat. Each turn that I made, he made too. I was beginning to get moderately frightened. I continued to drive until I reached my destination, (my house).

After pulling into my driveway. The car stopped in front of my house. Who was inside the car? Oh, ya know...just my high school prom date, that's who. After giving him a hug, I punched him in the arm, and asked him why he didn't just call me and tell me that he was driving behind me. I thought I was being followed--it was scary!

Although, to his credit (and craziness) my mom reminded me that this was the very way he asked me to the prom in the first place. (I was picking up my sister, who was in middle school at the time, and prom date followed me to Heaty's middle school to make his prom date move). Yes, despite this, I still said yes. So what this says about me, I just don't know.

What is the moral of all my blogging rambling? Well, it's this: It makes me feel at home to know that no matter where I am, be it on the beach, on a random street in Manhattan, or even in my very own driveway...there is always an old, familiar face right nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment