Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just a Decade Behind

It always bothers me when I wake up in the morning, and I can't for the life of me--remember my dreams from the night before. For the exception of s-e-x dreams, this usually seems to be the case. However, I quite vividly remember the dream that I had on Friday night. That is because my dream combined two of my most favorite things: pop culture via the 1990's, and pop culture via the 2000's. I dreamt that Brian Austin Green; Beverly Hills 90210's, David Silver, (hubba-hubba) and I went together, to attend the funeral of Marissa Cooper (Mischa Barton) of The OC. I think it is extremely safe to say that I am the only one in the world who would have this dream.

Today, while at my friend, Diana's birthday brunch, I shared my Friday night dream with the group. That's when my friend Josh said to me, "You really are living a decade behind everybody else." I took these words to heart and realized something that the rest of you probably already knew. I really am living one decade behind the rest of America. Up until last week, (had it not been for the generosity of Daveedykins) I would still be tip-tip-typing away on my good ole' desktop--but am now the proud owner of a mac! Helloooo 2010. I am also quite possibly the only person I know who still uses a flip-phone. (And a pretty crappy one, if that). When I watch my eight year old students exchanging pin numbers for their blackberries, I know--I must really be behind.

I come home each and every day from work and watch television shows that are at least seven years old, if not more. (Most likely more). I prefer fashions from the '90's (which puts me two decades behind). And, I still dream of days when life was simpler, cruising around town, and spray painting the words SENIORS on my car's back window. In fact, this blog may be the only 2010 appropriate aspect that I have going for me, except for the fact that I have no idea how to make this blog any more technologically 2010 savvy with fancypantz pictures or graphics.

Last but not least, Galzbabi (my highschool bestie) has made her career out of celebrity findings. She spends her weekends with the cast of Gossip Girl, and my only response is, " That's cool, but tell me when you hang out with Luke Perry, ok?"

No comments:

Post a Comment