Monday, October 26, 2009

Boys are Weird

I think that the title of this blog is quite telling of what today's subject matter is going to be. Boys. And them being weird. The following are examples of things that have happened to me in the last week that have to do with boys, and them being weird.

1. I have decided to switch banks from Bank of America to Chase. After corresponding through e-mail with a Chase Bank associate who I had met once before, we had decided that I would come in later today to set up my new account. He is an older gentleman, who when I wrote to say that I would be in later today, he wrote back seconds later with..."Good girl, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!" We've met once for thirty seconds, he is the Chase bank man, and he is old enough to be my grandfather.

2. This week a boy from my past resurfaced--let's call him Scott. Scott was someone that I used to, shall we say--"hang out" with during the May-June part of my summer. He disappeared from my life, after the 4th of July when I told him to stop calling me only at or after 3 am. I'm not saying that I'm completely above the 3am phone call, but when I ONLY hear from you after 3 am, that's when I gotta call it quits. (I may have my moments of questionable sexual morals, but a girl's gotta have some assemblance of dignity). Regardless, my last contact with Scott was in early July. Yesterday, around 2 pm, I received a text message from him, after almost four months of no communication. The text message simply said, "Hi." Thank you, Scott for clogging my inbox with that interesting and thoughtful text message!

3. Marc-Adam continues to call me on the phone daily, and we still continue to never see each other in real life. Weird, but tradition is tradition.

4. If you sign up for a Citibank credit card, my dad's picture comes on the brochure. My dad (who works for Citibank) is a boy(man), and I think that's kinda weird.

There are many more reasons why boys are weird, but I think that I'll stop here, with the weird boy events from my week. Please note that I also think that girls can be weird, (Case and point--me).

No comments:

Post a Comment