Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Two Truths and a Lie

I love the third grade. They are adorable, sweet, enthusiastic, and most importantly a tad bit gullible. This morning we played a game called Two Truths and a Lie in an effort to get to know one another better. The game consists of each person in the circle sharing two "truths" about themselves, and one "lie." The idea of the game is to guess which of the three statements told is a lie. Most of the students told "lies" that were so outwardly absurd, it was impossible not to pick out the lie. (Example: My dad invented pigs, I am seventeen, and I climbed a mountain this morning before school). I thought that I would follow my students' lead, and follow the same pattern. These were my truths and my lie.

1. I have been a teacher for 4 years

2. I have one older brother and one younger sister

3. On the weekends, I work as an auto-mechanic fixing cars.

For the exception of ONE student (who said that I looked too clean to be an auto-mechanic--thanks Chelsea!) they all guessed that "I have been a teacher for 4 years was my "lie."

I mean, what 25 year old female teacher wouldn't want to pick up some extra shifts at an auto shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment