Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mike-Jason Take Two

Just in case you were curious, there was a second date with Mike/Jason. Unfortunately for me, I am not sure that there will be a third date. I take full responsibility for that fact, and for the story that I am about to dispose.

Mike/Jason and I decided to meet at eight o' clock on Friday night on the Upper East Side. Seeing as the UES is not my usual stomping grounds (but his), I was not familiar with the restaurant that he had chosen. The shots of bacardi that I had taken (alone in my apartment) probably did not help with my dis-orientation. Taking shots before a date is not one of my finer moments. Can I get away with having 2nd date jitters?

It was raining outside and as per usual, I was running late. I arrived on the corner that Mike/Jason had specified, but I could not find the restaurant. (Could've been the bacaaadi). I did see a boy(man) waiting outside in the rain, clearly a true gentleman. The man was the only other person standing outside, except of course for me. I was certain that I had never seen that human being before in my life. Feeling guilty that I was late, I got on my cell phone and called Mike/Jason to ask him where the restaurant was. (At this point, I had sort of walked around the corner). Mike/Jason answered the phone and said, "Did you just walk past me?I"m outside looking for you."
Busted.

How humiliating. For both of us. OMG, again. I literally did not recognize my date, (the only other person standing outside the restaurant), on our not first, but SECOND date. I'm really on a roll with this guy. Date # 1--I forget his actual name. Date # 2--I forget his actual face. Date # 3--Oh wait, I'm pretty sure that he's never going to call me again. Boys out there reading--what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment