Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Last Day of Summer Vacation

And now for the blog posting that came much too soon. The LAST DAY OF SUMMER VACATION, BLOG 2009. The air has gotten a little bit cooler, and it is beginning to get dark a little bit earlier...this is the end of summer. (Taylor Townsend--The OC--anyone!?)

I have the Sunday night blues, big time. I haven't had these so-called blues in almost three months, and I'll tell ya--I did not miss the sinking pit in my stomach Sunday nights this summer. Who doesn't love living 5 days for 2? Everybody's working for the weekend. Where oh where did the summer go? It feels like only yesterday, that I was sitting at my computer writing my last day of school blog, feeling so saddened by the end of the school year.

What kind of crack was I smoking!?

I have been off now since June 12th, and this is the life. Anyone that tells you otherwise has clearly never had a 2.5 month paid vacation.

I know that most of you who work 12 months a year do not feel sorry for me. In fact, you probably hate my guts--but I think we can all agree that the longer you are off from work, the harder it is to get back. I will miss my lack of routine. Waking up when my body wants to, not at 6:30 am, (which I am so greatly looking forward to doing tomorrow morning). I will miss sending e-mails naked, and spending the day in soffee shorts and a wife beater. (An outfit that I'm pretty sure would be looked down upon in my school). Not to mention-- that the majority of my wardrobe is either too tight or too short for a child-friendly environment. I will miss my ME time all day, every day.

Am I excited to see my work friends, most of whom I have not seen since school ended? Sure! Though, I have a feeling that novelty will wear off, once I am putting fadeless bulletin board paper up on the walls (a job that only teachers can understand just how sweaty and miserable). I bid you adoo summertime freedom, and I will continue to mourn your loss every day--until June 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment