Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm Back!!!

Hello Mister Blog!!! It's so lovely to see you again! I've truly missed blogging and sharing my life's tales. I took a moment to think about why I haven't blogged in a few months. What comes to mind is just how busy I've been. But if I dig a little deeper, I think it may also have something to do with a growing level of maturity. Perhaps I don't feel the need to share every detail of my dating life anymore. (Or that every website now seems to be devoted to "twenty-something dating articles."). And who am I to be a cliche?

 It has been quite a year dating-wise. If you are my friend, then you know just what I mean. But for now, I will keep those memories to myself. It's funny, one night this summer I was at dinner with the man I was dating, Kyle. Over a bowl of baked ziti, I told him about the fifty-two journals that sit in a box under my bed in my parents house. I explained how I've been writing in a journal almost every day since I was twelve years old. He looked at me with a look of amazement and confusion I couldn't quite read. It was then that he said softly, "Don't you want to keep things private, just for yourself?" I replied, "Those journals are just for me, they are for myself." And then Kyle said, "I don't mean to be morbid, but one day when you're gone, those journals won't be for you--they will be for everyone. 

Well, he got me there. I surely had not thought of that. With that sentiment ingrained in my mind forever, I say this: To my future husband, children and grandchildren...I'm sorry  that you may one day have to read about your Grandma's naked adventures. At the very least, you'll know Grandma Lauren didn't miss out on her twenties.

This leads me to my next point. Tomorrow marks the last month of my twenties. In one month I will leave this crazy, confusing, life-altering, fun, surprising, life lessons learned decade behind. And I start a new chapter. It's a chapter I have many mixed feelings about. (Thank god for therapy). A good friend once said to me, "Fisher, I love you--but I don't want to be anywhere near you when you turn thirty. I have a feeling you won't go down easy."

He is probably right. But hopefully, (my fair blog readers), we will navigate through my thirties together. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment