Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Did This Really Just Happen?

I'm...not...that...into...you. (To the tune of Oops, I did it Again--I'm not that innocent. C. Britney Spears).

Something quite interesting happened to me tonight. You see...I was ripped a new one, via text message, by a guy who I had never met. Ahh yes. Allow me to explain.

Over the last ten years, I have endured many painful experiences involving the opposite sex. I've had my feelings hurt, and my heart broken. I've been lied to, strung along, and even cheated on, back in high school. However, an unfortunate truth of dating, is that there is the potential to get hurt. I always try to treat others how I would like to be treated. And, in the situation I am about to describe, I agree that I was the one at fault, at first...but, this guy, (who I have never met before) brought it to a whole new level...

In my last blog post, I spoke about a Jdate guy who had scheduled a phone call with me. After we chatted, it was clear on my end, that I was not interested in meeting him. Part of this was due to the fact that he texted me twelve times a day. And, no. That is not an exaggeration. The problem was, he had nothing to actually say, and what he did choose to text were actual electronic annoyances. In addition, he added a smiley face to EVERY text he sent. (That's 12 smileys X 7 days a week--you do the math).

Do not misunderstand me. At times, emoticons can be necessary. For example, the occasional wink face, or a smiley face to clarify that you are kidding; as humor can often get misinterpreted via text or instant messages. I welcome that. But, to place a smiley face in every single text? Well, now I don't ever want to meet you.

Furthermore; every time this guy would ask me to go out there were two problems. The first: He did not give me any notice. This is different once I have been out with a person. Feel free to text me at 6 or 7 and ask me what I'm up to. But, if we have never gone out before, I'm going to need some advance notice. In addition, I am a girl, and if left to my own devices, I could spend three hours getting ready. (I seriously love getting ready). So, giving me a half hour to choose my outfit, take a shower, blow dry my hair, apply make up, and arrive on time at chosen destination? Well, it's simply not going to happen. And, lastly...the only thing he asked me to do (besides sit in a park and enjoy one another's company). Yes, he really said that...was to go to Starbucks for a cup of coffee.
1. I do not drink coffee. But, fair enough--I never told him that.
2. And, more importantly--if it's a blind first date. Alcohol is a must.

I was not interested in this boy and yet, I kept responding to his text messages. I admit that was wrong. I felt too guilty to just ignore him. And yet, I knew that I was not doing him any favors by continuing to respond. I should have been a woman about it, and just told him I was not interested. But, I also did not want to send a premature "It's not going to work text" to someone I've never met. It almost felt too cocky in a way...

What I was hoping for, was this: He would get the hint on his own, and slowly disappear. This is what happened instead: Our text message conversation as stated earlier today.

Him: So how about that coffee tonight : )

Me: I actually have plans tonight, I'm sorry.

Him: Easiest thing for you to do is to say you're not interested in meeting up. (HE IS TOTALLY RIGHT, AND I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!) Had he stopped here--well, I would have no blog post for this evening...

Me: You're right, and I'm sorry. I should have been upfront sooner.

Him: No worries, you are not a genuine person. You lack integrity and honor.

Me: Okay, well I understand why you would feel that way, and again, I'm sorry.

Him: It's not that I FEEL that you lack integrity, it's that you actually do lack integrity as you've demonstrated.

Him: And, you can take your sorry and shove it up your ass.

Do I feel bad that I caused this sort of reaction from a person I never even met? Of course I do. But, do I think I'm the first girl who received a string of texts like this? Of course not : -)

No comments:

Post a Comment