Sunday, July 17, 2011

Are You a Gentle Lover?


Disclaimer: If you are not one of the five people in this picture, then you may or may not hate this blog post.

Here we are. My Camp Schodack gals-Martha, Roberta, Me (Loretta), Bonnie and Amanda. Sioux us if we have fake names.

I've made this statement before. And, I will certainly say it again. Sending me to Camp Schodack was quite possibly the best decision that my parents ever made for me. And, not just because camp taught me confidence, invaluable social skills, and provided me with some of the happiest memories of my life. Camp Schodack did do all of those things, and more. But, camp did something far more life changing for me. It introduced me to some of the best friends of my life, who make a four hour car ride, and spending a weekend in a dirty motel, fit with a pube and discharge covered comforter one of the greatest weekends ever.

This past weekend, my travel companions and I (Schodack besties), hit the road and headed to Dewey Beach, Delaware. I don't know how to write this post, without listing inside jokes. This weekend was literally one really good laugh, after the next. The facebook album entitled, 3...2...1...Go, says it all.

We eat dank ass pizza, and the beached whale special. We drank our body weight at da Rusty Rudder. But, most importantly, we spent our weekend laughing. Real, stomach hurting, little droplets of pee escape (whoops), laughter.

Did we have more fun pregaming in our hotel than we actually did out at bars? (Ehhhh, nahhhh, dang). It's highly possible. Did we play Never Have I Ever, and actually learn new things about each other, even after all these years? Hell yeah!! Learning about each other is in. (c. Amelia). Did we play the question game, otherwise known as every day conversation? Did we feast on The Full Monty at breakfast (which sent us RUNNING to the nearest toilet). And, did Amelia get her wagon master? She sure did.

We were all foul humans this weekend. I won't go into details on this, but I will leave you with a quote inspired from the weekend. A wise woman (Amelia) once said to me, "It's a choice to live your life like a filthy bitch." It's not easy taking a bath in a dirty hotel bathtub, but someone has to do it. Aw yee.

No comments:

Post a Comment