Monday, July 6, 2009

A hodge-podge collection of sorts

I sincerely apologize for my lack of blog posts this summer. It's just that without my students present, I just don't have the same caliber of material that I can produce throughout the school year. So, instead, I will share with you brief ramblings of events/happenings in my life over the past couple of weeks.

I went to the beach this weekend. As a fair skinned gal, I was not well equipped with enough suntan lotion. In the words of my great pal, Bruno Brusnikoff--I am pink and raw. The worst is that my knee pit (the crack between my thigh and calf) is burned, badly. Every time I walk, skip, hop, jump (or breathe)--I am in excruciating pain. I know, I know--I've learned my lesson, (yet again) the very painful way. Next time, I will coat my body with SPF 75.

Craig's List Missed Connections is really fun to read. For those that don't know--if you see a hot man, woman or child on the subway/Starbucks/bench or tree stump, (but were too shy to say anything) Fear not! You can write that person a posting on Craig's List describing yourself, and the person who you so wish to meet! (This all in the slim chance that should they see your post, you meet one another, go on a date, and fall madly in love). Hey, it happened on Ellen! Today, as I rode the subway I made it a point to make deep, intimate eye contact with every handsome stranger that I saw, all in hopes that they would watch me get off my stop, fall in love with me, and race to their computer to compose a poetic Craig's List ad. A girl can dream, right?

Finding a summer job has been harder than I ever imagined it would be! I responded to a job listing (on the ever reputable Craig's List). When I arrived at my "interview,"at the time that the interviewer had set for me. A man in his late 20's (the interviewer) answered the door wearing only his boxers. "Oh, hang on, (he said)--let me throw on my pants." Really?


Trying to rent out our own apartment has been tough, but in this interesting process I've met some lovely people. One of them I kind of wanted to go on a date with. Is it weird to start screening people who are interested in our apartment by asking who is single? You have a girlfriend? Oh, sorry! We just found someone else-- Best of luck to you in your apartment search!

I couldn't sleep last night. Camp Alumni Weekend is less than two weeks away!(And this is technically my first summer as alumnus).I was up all night dreaming up the outfits that I would wear during the weekend. Yes, fantasizing about outfits, or feeling like a burn victim restless in my bed, either one of those could work.

My body has a new fun reaction to excitement, and or nervousness. I went to Rhode Island to visit Brent, Jimmy and Andy, three of my great college friends a couple of weeks ago. Upon arrival at their place, red blotchy hives covered my body. Not only was it attractive, but it also went unnoticed. (Nope). I sure hope me and my body figure something out--who doesn't love a girl broken out in hives?

Lastly, it was 85 and sunny today. What could be better? Nothing. I freaking love summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment