Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sing us a Song, Piano Bar

Despite the fact that I just wrote an entire blog about how excited I am to catch up on sleep, I love nothing more than springing forward for Daylight Savings. Yes. I lose an hour of sleep. But so what! (Pink anyone?) If that means sixty-five degree days in March, and daylight until seven pm, well...count me in!

Last night was spent at a rowdy, hilarious, and perfect piano bar. I have never felt like more of a New York City girl in my life, than I did sitting in that hidden gem, with my best friends. I was there with my best camp girls. (Sans Meelzy--we missed you). As each hit kept being played, song, after song, we all knew we were in the right place. A place where we were free to sing and clap as loudly as we wanted. This place was magical.

What I also loved about this piano bar, was the next-stage-of-life-girlies who sat next to us. All of them had rings on their fingers, and one of them was pregnant. (Yes, I realize that girls my age also wear rings on their fingers, and give birth, but none of my camp friends are there yet). They looked like they were in their early to mid-thirties, having a girls night out. We instantly became piano bar besties. They sang with us, they clapped with us, and they cheered with us. They asked us how we all knew each other, we told them...sleepaway camp. (They told us college). As we bonded over singing TLC's Waterfalls, Lady Gaga and more, I have never felt more at peace, or more at home than I did at the piano bar. And, as for all this singing (screaming), I did last night? Well...my voice has never sounded better.

No comments:

Post a Comment