Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What I Have Learned in my Twenty-Seventh Year

With my twenty-eighth birthday looming on the horizon, I thought I'd take a minute and reflect on my twenty-seventh year. In doing this, I re-read some of my blog postings from this past year. Some posts made me laugh, some made me cringe, (I can really be quite disgusting), and a couple made me tear up. Because you see, I had a difficult realization. This past year hasn't been easy. I encountered many disappointments and overcame obstacles both personally and professionally. And hopefully, I'd like to think that I came out of it, a stronger, wiser, and more mature person. I think that I've learned a lot being a twenty-seven year old lady-girl, and I thought I'd share some of these lessons here.

1. Endings are really, really hard. Whether it's a person, or a place. I haven't found an ending that I've liked.

2. If you're not interested in someone romantically, it is best to let them know sooner, rather than later.

3. Don't be afraid to ask your friends for help if you need it. (Even if you feel like you are bothering them. They are your friends for a reason).

4. Pandora, specifically my Sisqo (Yes, singer of the Thong Song), radio station has actually changed my life.

5. It is possible to gain a wealth of knowledge from VH1's Pop Up Video.

6. If someone displays red flag behavior, this does not mean you should view him or her as an exciting challenge, and keep pursuing. It means: Run like hell in the other direction.

7. Gangsta's Paradise is an excellent choice of a karaoke song.

8. The curling iron can work wonders.

9. There is great joy to be found in the sext.

10. If you are invited to a wedding without a date, you will be sat at the miscellaneous table.

11. I love being mistaken for a teenager.

12. The cast of Glee can sing anything, and my body will immediately be covered in chills.

13. If a guy asks you on a date to the movies, and then asks you to pay for both of your tickets, do not go out with him again.

14. You can never be too old to make out in a bunk bed.

15. When you wear feathers in your hair, you and nine year old girls will share the same fashion trends.

16. The average person poops 416 pounds a year.

17. The Real Housewives of NYC, New Jersey and Beverly Hills is addicting. How did I ever live without these shows?

18. Patti, the Millionaire Matchmaker is surprisingly wise.

19. When a mother of one of your students offers to buy your class a pet, politely decline. (Welcome to the 4th grade, Sparky).

20. And lastly, if you accidentally leave jewelry at a one night stand's apartment, please prepare to never see that jewelry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment